

If you were going to write a story of your life, what kind of book would it be? Mine would probably be a comedy of errors. My mother in law said my life was a soap opera. Luckily, I can laugh at most situations, if not at the time, then later. Would your life story be a mystery, a romance, a comedy, a travelogue, a recipe book, a garden book, a musical, or a soap opera? I hope it wouldn't be a tragedy. I would probably have chapters on traveling, cooking, cars, musicals, children, and on and on.
Example: Julie and I were traveling through Italy and throwing our clothes away as we went. We only took weekender luggage, so this way we could pack the things we bought. When we left a swanky hotel in Venice, we piled up our clothes on the wastebasket and I set a pair of shoes on top. Then off we went to the water taxi. All of a sudden we heard, "Madame, madame, your clothes!" We turned around and here came a fellow from the hotel carrying all our clothes with the shoes on top. We told him we didn't want the clothes. Shaking his head, he turned around to go back to the hotel. I thought I heard him say, "Americanos!"
I believe I could call mine Educating Julie, I just keep on learning: travel, sailing, tennis, golf, cooking, birding, painting etc.
ReplyDelete