
I see they are making a movie of the book, Julie and Julia. I think that's the name. I liked the book comparing the 2 lives and 2 cooking styles. What is your favorite cookbook? Mine was always the Betty Crocker Cookbook until I got The Joy of Cooking. Now I like both of them. Our La De Dah Cookbook also has lots of good recipes in it. Carol and I spent many hours putting it together but it was worth it to have a book of recipes from our classmates. Mother probably has more cookbooks than anyone I know. What is your favorite recipes? One of my favorites is baked custard, homemade shortcake to go with strawberries, homemade ice cream. You can tell which course I like the best. Of course, it had to be desserts!
I learned to cook with Betty Crocker. Then I got a Better Homes and Gardens book (with green stamps) I have a favorite cook book with "fake" recipes likeWendys chili. It has a recipe for KFC slaw. I use it and it tastes quite a bit like the original. I don't really use cook books just the tried and true ones in my head.
ReplyDeleteI learned to cook with a few recipes my mom had, first of course was to make cookies, then we learned in Home Ec, there I remember making hot cocoa from scratch and the first cookbook was Betty Crocker Kids book. I have a small collection of cookbooks but I don't cook anymore. I did enjoy reading the Julia and Julia book and look forward in seeing the movie.
ReplyDelete