Saturday, February 7, 2009

Adieu to Drinks Review

Salud, Prosit, Sante', Kan Pai, Salute, Cheerio, Proost, Skal, Kasugta, Down the Hatch!
These are some of my souvenirs from Paris. The cd is Edith Piaff, the little sparrow.




Before closing this section on drinks, I wanted to mention a drink Nicole and I had at our hotel in Paris. We stopped in the bar before going to bed and ordered deux chocolat chaud. I think that's what we said. We wanted two hot chocolates. The bartender said he could give us hot chocolate with brandy, so we said OK. Nicole couldn't drink hers and I ended up downing both. That night I slept like a log. We stayed a block from La Tour Eiffel in the Hotel Suffren.


I read that 2 cups of hot chocolate a day would reduce your blood pressure. It is certainly worth a try. I wonder if that includes the nice fluffy marshmallow on top. I like homemade hot chocolate, but can't say that I care for the packaged ones that you just add hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment