Friday, February 13, 2009

What's Your sign?


Remember this old pickup line? I don't think the line works anymore. In the book, "Sun Signs" by Linda Goodman, she uses quotes from Lewis Carroll to describe each sign. The book was printed in 1971 and is so old the pages are all loose.

I am Aries, the ram. So is Jolene, Shermalyne, Maggie, and Linda B. "They would not remember the simple rules their friends had taught them: such as a red hot poker will burn you if you hold it too long: and that, if you cut your finger very deeply with a knife, it usually bleeds."

Julie is an Aquarius, the water bearer. "In spring, when woods are getting green, I'll try and tell you what I mean: In summer, when the days are long, Perhaps you'll understand the song." "For this must ever be A secret Kept from all the rest Between yourself and me."

Saundra, Jeff, Pat, and Alexis are all Cancers, the crab. "I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, because I'm not myself, you see." "Oh, my fur and whiskers!" "It is this, it is this that oppresses my soul."

Nicole is Leo, the lion. "It looked good natured she thought; still it had very long claws, and a great many teeth, so she thought it ought to be treated with respect."

Dave and Whitney are Scorpios, the scorpion. "The question is...which is to be master-that's all."

Mother is a Pisces, the fish. "Hush-a-by lady, in Alice's lap! Till the feast's ready, we've time for a nap: When the feast's over, we'll go to the ball--Red Queen and White Queen, and Alice and all! Then fill up the glasses with treacle and ink, Or anything else that is pleasant to drink."
If you will tell me your sign, I will tell you the Lewis Carroll quote that describes your sign. This is not a scientific study, it is just for fun. I did find the description of Aries does fit me very well. It is always fun to learn new things about yourself!
Carol V. is a Sagittarius, the Archer. "You may charge me with murder--or want of sense (We are all of us weak at times): But the slightest approach to a false pretense was never among my crimes!"
Lorri, Jane, and Elfie are all Virgos. "If seven maids with seven mops Swept it for half a year, Do you suppose," the Walrus said, "That they could get it clear?" "I doubt it," said the Carpenter, And shed a bitter tear. Virgo is the sign of the Virgin, but don't take the symbolism literally. Virgos are loners and don't make much noise.

2 comments:

  1. Several have said they have had trouble posting a comment. If you continue to have trouble, email me, and I will try to find out what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Sagittarius. Since I am always reinventing myself, I'll be very interested in how Lewis Carroll describes me!

    ReplyDelete