
This is one of my favorite kinds of books. I love poetry, especially the old English writers. "Get Up and Bar the Door" anonymous is one I always have to laugh at when I read it. My very favorite is Robert Burns. "Ye flowery banks o' bonnie Doon, How can ye blume sae fair! How can ye chant, ye little birds, And I sae fu' o' care!" Robert wrote about the many women he loved, a mouse, a louse, and Scotland. I have Daddy's book of poetry and Mother gave me one for my birthday some years back.
I also like William Shakepeare's sonnets. Like As the Waves and Balthasar's Song are two I like to read again and again. I think I like the sound of the old poems. Scott, Tennyson, Byron, Herrick, Spenser, Marlowe, Keats, Sandburg, Frost, and Kipling are others I enjoy reading over and over.
Do you have a certain poem that means something to you? Do you like poetry? What poets do you like to read?
No comments:
Post a Comment