Sunday, February 15, 2009

Back to Books

This is my grandmother's Bible and it is well worn. She read from it every day. Julie gave me this book for Christmas. It is a game where you see part of a masterpiece and you have to tell what the picture is and by whom. I loved this book and it took me quite a while to get through all the pictures. Julie and I have seen most of them in the great museums around the world. I never got to the Hermitage in St. Petersburg though.

On Monday, I will be discussing nonfiction books. Think of the biographies, autobiographies, etc. that have interested you. Also, included in this week are art and religious books. I am sure you can think of some, that I have omitted. Favorite newspapers, magazines and timely events books are also included. I am hoping more people will be interested this week and leave more comments, or rather, any comments.

1 comment:

  1. I've been hearing and reading good comments about the Lincoln book "Team of Rivals." MW Library's Book Club is reading this for their March selection. I gave this book to my son-in-law for Christmas. He said a colleague of his read it and thought it was one of the best books he'd ever read. I am saving this for a time when I have unlimited time to read as it is a fairly long book.

    ReplyDelete