Monday, June 22, 2009

Supplements

What supplements do you take for good health? I take calcium plus D for bones, fish oil for my heart, glucosomine chondroitin for joints, and Co Q10 for my neck pain. I also take a low dose aspirin daily for my heart. Do you think the phosphate medicines such as Actonel, Fosamax, Boniva, and Reclast are good for you? Did your bone density increase after taking the phosphate meds? Have you noticed any difference in health if you stop the supplements?
I think red wine is good for the heart and I do have a glass a few times a week. That is a pleasant supplement to health! How many of you have an occasional glass of red wine?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite health supplement is cinnamon. Each morning a teaspoon of it livens up my cereal with bananas and pecans. The Vietnamese cassia is far the best with a rich taste and just the right zing to it. I buy cinnamon by the pound from Penzey's.
    And an amusing 'supplement' for women was touted by Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld, FoxNews' doctor of record. He said that his wife uses Viagra. Noting that he said it with a sly smile I listened up. Sure enough, she uses it with cut flowers to keep them fresh longer...

    ReplyDelete