I am reading this book right now.
I just read these two books. They were both very good in different ways.
I have these two books on my to read list.I have read so many good novels, it is hard to remember all the authors that I liked. I liked Ayn Rand, M. M. Kaye, Colleen Mc Cullough, Willa Cather, Frank Yerby, Jacqueline Sussanne (sp.?), Andrew Greeley, Rumer Godden, Maeve Binchy, Allen Drury, Daphne Du Maurier, Jane Austen, James Mitchener, Edward Rutherford, Alex Hailey, Graham Greene, Jean Auel, etc. There are many more that I can't remember right now. Among my favorites are: The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye, Colleen McCullough's The Thorn Birds, Rumer Godden's An Episode of Sparrows, and James Mitchener's Hawaii. Graham Greene always surprises me. And I dearly love Maeve Binchy. I am reading Whitethorn Woods now. The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher was another favorite. I would be lost without the library where you can go and browse around and find so many good books to read. I am hoping some of my friends will be able to add to this list. I know Julie and Saundra read alot. Pat and especially, Stephanie, read lots of books. Carol has said she reads different books than I do. Come on and add a comment or two. Kitty has contributed lots of good books for all of us to read. She said she thinks Josephine Tey is one of the three grand dames of mystery.
I think I did it.Now we'll see.
ReplyDeleteSandy
I like mysteries but have different favs, Stephen King, Dean Koontz. I like John Grisham too. I loved The Far Pavillions!!!
ReplyDeleteI think I finally made it to your blog!!! I will try some of your favorites when I catch up on the list I am currently trying to read. I am now reading Ursula Under by Ingrid Hill. It was recommended to me by a fellow library person as she read it when Maple Woods Book Club read it. She wants to reread it, so it must be pretty good. It is a very long novel!
ReplyDeleteAs Carol V reminded me, Rosamunde Pilcher wrote The Shell Seekers, not Maeve Binchy. I should have known that because I have read all of Rosamunde Pilcher's books.
ReplyDelete