Saturday, January 24, 2009

Soda Pops


This is the best root beer I have ever drank. Jeff bought it for me at Santa Caligon Days. He had the Creme Soda. Dr. J. Fogworth's Indian Tonic! If I take the bottle back next year, I can have it filled for free, or maybe for a discount. I can't remember.
Dave and Patrick drink diet Coke. Nicole drinks diet Dr. Pepper. I really don't drink pop but this root beer won over my heart and palate. I do like a good root beer float every so often. If I have pop, I do NOT want diet soda. I just can't abide that aftertaste.
If I had to list the drinks in the order that I like them, this is my list: coffee, tea, soda pop. I drink more tea than anything else now, but I do prefer a really good cup of java. I am learning to be a tea connoisseur. I started drinking coffee as a child. Mother added a quick pour in to my glass of milk and we called it coffee milk. Then when I went to Park College I drank half coffee and half cream to wake up and get going in the morning. That's when I really got hooked on coffee.
OK, let's hear from the rest of you. I know there are large numbers of soda pop drinkers out there. What kinds do you prefer? Do you drink pop out of the bottle, out of the can, or out of a glass with ice? Do you use a straw or not? What do you call these beverages: pop, soda, soft drink, etc.? Some of us who are older can remember the flavorings put in Coca Cola at the soda fountain. You could have cherry or chocolate coke. There were no diet drinks back then. Or you could go to Woolworth's and have a cherry or strawberry phosphate. Oh my, I thought these drinks were so good. I wonder what happened to them.

3 comments:

  1. I don't drink a lot of pop anymore, but when I do I enjoy a Diet Lime Pepsi. As I shared with you, this pop is like my late afternoon cocktail. When I drink a can of this, I must have my Peanut Butter Ritz Bits snack along with it! For me, these two are addictive!!! Remember the curbside A & W rootbeer floats? WOW! I sure did love those in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have just discovered the fine taste of sodas made with cane sugar, Jones makes them. Usually I don't drink sodas but these may add even more pounds to my tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was growing up I thought that a frosty glass bottle of Coke was just the thing on a hot day. Since those days I have not been a big pop drinker, preferring water as a rule. But, back in the 60s, I learned of a carbonated beverage which was supposed to be healthful, too. It is Pommac, and I became really fond of it. Here is the Wikipedia entry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pommac
    Pommac has an elusiveflavor. It isn't especially sweet, but it is so full and balanced that it never loses its appeal. I haven't seen it anywhere for sale in quite a long time, although it is apparently still being made.

    ReplyDelete