Friday, April 24, 2009

Comments on the Comments

Saundra said she was reading Three Cups of Tea. Wanda brought this book up at POC last night. She told us about all the schools Greg Mortenson had built in that part of the world in Pakistan.
Kitty said she liked the Tudors and Damages among other tv shows. I have been meaning to watch Damages but forget when it's on and what channel. Leave it to Kitty to skip over American Idol and go to the quality shows.
People complain about the shows on tv, but all you have to do is change the channel or turn the tv off if you don't like what's showing. I do think tv is more suggestive than it used to be but it is the parent's responsibility to monitor what their children watch. Some of the ads do make me wonder though. Do we really need to advertise Viagra on tv?
Mother wouldn't let me read Francoise Sagan's books when I was in high school. Later when I did read them, I couldn't see what the big deal was. I guess they were considered suggestive back then.
Janie emailed me that she was not going to buy as many books as she had and was going to use the library more.
Carol requests a new book on line from the library. She said you can even renew books on line.
My granddaughter Whitney takes after Nicole and me. She is a reader. She likes the Twilight books.
Jill likes the humorous mysteries and I really must read one of Janet Evanovich's books. Julie loves to learn something while she reads, so she reads mostly nonfiction. Sandy liked M.M. Kaye's Far Pavilions. She should read some of her mysteries. Mother likes romance novels now. She says they are quick reading.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always behind on this blog, but its the only one I do, so I guess I'm always behind. For TV shows I guess I like game shows the best; Deal or No Deal, Am I smater than a 5th Grader (no!); and all the rest. I also like NCIS because Darrel watches it, so I watch it, too. I like old sitcoms and HGTV to see what other people's homes look like. I'm not much into reality TV, but have watched American Idol and Nashville Star. I also like Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel. I really watch a lot of TV, but nothing much like the rest of you watch.
    I buy books at garage sales, etc. Darrel and I went to a book sale and bought 40 books for $10. That was a real bargain. I also pass them around with friends and family. If I give a book as a gift, it is always with the understanding that I read it first. I didn't know you could order books from the library online. That will be my next venture. I'm not much into non-fiction, but I do like the Chicken Soup books. It always boosts me spiritually to read the stories of others. My daughter likes autobiographies and biographies which she always passes on to me. She also passes on her magazines. I do subscribe to Guideposts and Angels On Earth. Again, they give me a boost.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete