Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Who Did It?

Pat also likes Elizabeth George and has read all her books. She and I both like James Michener. Peggy is reading the New Testament clear through. She has a lot of reading ahead of her. She named one author I haven't read: Sandra Brown. I will have to check out one of her books to read. Jill likes Janet Evanovich. I keep saying I am going to read one of her books but haven't checked one out yet. I would probably like these too because she said her books are mysteries but also funny. My friend, Deb, said today that she always chuckles while reading Janet Evanovich, so that is two recommendations for her now.
M.C. Beaton, also known as Marion Chesney, writes some light mysteries. I liked the ones about Hamish Macbeth that take place in northern Scotland. She has written more stories about Agatha Raisin, but I still liked the ones about Hamish better. He is in with the police force and a little bit lazy.
I have just started a mystery by Simon Brett that takes place in England. It seems like it will be pretty good too. The one I'm reading is "The Hanging in the Hotel." They are called Fethering Mysteries. Anyway, there are quite a few of them to choose from, so if you like them, there will be enough to read to keep you busy for a while.

1 comment:

  1. I just started Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. He also wrote the DaVinci code.I enjoyed that book and my daughter recommended this one. So far it's kind of odd. I'm having trouble getting into it.

    ReplyDelete