Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Devil Made Me Do It!

Sandy said she just started Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. That is one I want to read. Sandy thought it started strangely. I loved the Da Vinci Code. I am getting a long wish list of books to read.
We are reading Seven by Jeff Cook for our POC study group. It is a new take on the seven deadly sins. The sins are compared to the beatitudes. Remember the seven deadly sins brought down Camelot in the song, Fie on Goodness, Fie! from the Broadway play with Julie Andrews and Richard Burton.
Wanda gave me the book The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. This book deals with the question: Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?
Kudos to Peggy for tackling the New Testament. I can't seem to get much further than the Psalms. I know my revised Bible is easier reading, but I love the text of the King James version. "And I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in him will I trust." How could you say this any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment