Monday, March 16, 2009

Hobbies

Photography
Pilates

Books and Reading


Gardening


What do you like to do in your spare time? I like to knit, watercolor, garden, read, take photos, and watch tennis, gymnastics, and figure skating. None of these sound very active, but I do pilates which is the nearest I get to exercising now. I take photos of everything and make books out of them. I have just learned how to publish books on Blurb.com and really like the books they send you.
Tell us all about your hobbies. What makes your day?

1 comment:

  1. At the risk of being a crashing bore, I'll bite on this question, partly because Cheryl's excellent influence has prodded me to take up Pilates, too. I have found it to be calming and very satisfying.
    Today I indulged another passion by spending the day in the woods gathering fallen limbs and trees and burning them. The forecast was auspicious in that only light winds would blow. So much for that. While I was back at the house starting this evening's dinner, the big wind chimes started to clang. This was not good news, so I went back over to the place in the woods where I had been working. No crisis at all, but two very hot fires and plenty of breeze. Because the fires I had built are too far from the house to keep an eye on, I finally had to go to plan B and be certain that they were well under control. I covered one with flat rocks and then I found a lovely little pool in the creek and made a numbers of trips from it to the other fire using my fatwood bucket to haul water. I think everything is under control. So today, at least, I got quite a bit of exercise, but I also really enjoyed spending time in the woods. I would enjoy hearing other people's hobbies and interests, too!

    ReplyDelete