I love these Merrill's. They are my favorite shoes. I bought these at the Dillard's grand opening with Carol V. She had to sit there while I tried on and tried on and tried on shoes.
Janette bought me these comfy house slippers when she was here visiting.
Here is my selection of everyday shoes and the two pair of boots that I own. The crocs are great in the summer and in the house in the winter. All of my sandals are stored away until summer.
These are my dressier shoes. I bought the clogs when I was in Virginia visiting Saundra a long time ago.
Here is my selection of everyday shoes and the two pair of boots that I own. The crocs are great in the summer and in the house in the winter. All of my sandals are stored away until summer.
These are my dressier shoes. I bought the clogs when I was in Virginia visiting Saundra a long time ago.Today's subject is shoes. I tend to go barefoot in the house, regardless of the season. I have been known to run outside barefooted to retrieve the newspaper in light snow.
I have a narrow heel, high arch and instep and wide toe area. Because of this, sneakers fit me better than any other shoe, but only certain sneakers: New Balance and Merrill.
What do you call athletic shoes: tennies, sneakers? Connie calls them tennies and likes them best too. I can't recall what my granddaughters call them, but I know it's not sneakers.
Carol V has lots of different styles of shoes and changes shoes frequently. She did say she bought a pair of boots with really high heels and has never worn them.
Kitty has more boots than anyone I know and not your average boots either. They are the most colorful cowboy boots I've ever seen.
Julie and Nicole have tiny feet and so does Mother. Mine started out an average size, but kept on growing. Whitney and Alexis have big feet, but Kate Winslet wears a size 11 and look how glamorous she is! I think teenagers wear flip flops and athletic shoes most of the time.
I, like Connie, have had foot problems most of my life. I wore corrective shoes when I was very little. I did wear the stylish heels for many years, but I paid the price for this vanity. Now I have thrown out all uncomfortable shoes. This leaves me with sneakers, casual shoes, and leather flats. I have 2 pairs of boots that I have had for many, many years that are very comfortable. I don't care if they are in style or not, I like them. I can not wear cheap shoes. Shoes are my only splurge. I buy good ones because it is worth it in the long run. If I find a brand I like, I usually stick with them. I simply won't tolerate a pair of shoes that hurt my feet any more. Life is too short to be miserable.
I like New Balance sneakers for walking. Merrill makes good sandals and sneakers and I have a pair of each, Mephisto is one of my favorite sandal brands. I also like Crocs because they are soooo comfy!
When I was in high school and college new high heels were a momentous occasion. They were so important. In St. Joseph, The Royal College shop had the styles which I found most attractive. Andrew Geller heels almost always fit well and looked pretty on the foot. When heels descended to the clunky look they lost their charm and fascination for me. They have never regained that high style, nor have they reacquired my interest.
ReplyDeleteI don't wear my dressy cowboy boots around the farm. That would ruin them. Instead I wear really functional boots, either Wellies or (yes) snake boots. It isn't that there are a number of reptiles abounding here, it is that there is always poison ivy and the chiggers love me. Plus, these boots are comfortable and serviceable. I wear Crocs around the house. They are light as a feather and really comfortable.
As far as tennis shoes, MBTs are really nifty. They give the body a proper stance, although many people find them strange looking. That doesn't faze me very much! A bod's gotta do what a bod's gotta do.
I used to have a shoe fettish. I had a load of shoes. Then we got a puppy!! She took care of my shoes..........chewed them up!!! And she lived. I kind of got away from buying shoes and only have a few pair. I have a pair of Hush Puppies that i love. I've had them about 2 years and I stilllove them. I wore high heels when I was young but wear flats now. Comfort first. Kitty, those sound interesting. I don't like tennis shoes. I have a narrow foot and have a hard time finding a pair that fit.
ReplyDelete