Sunday, March 1, 2009

Style

One of my favorite outfits is jeans and a cotton sweater: comfortable and warm.
So far, I have only received one suggestion from Julie. So....I decided next week will be on what clothing you like to wear, where you buy it, what style you like, what colors you like best, what shoes are comfortable and good looking. Think about it and get ready for your comments on Monday. I know every woman alive wears clothing and shoes of one kind or another and must have an opinion on what she likes. Also, think about how your clothing styles have changed over the years. Remember the fifties and felt skirts and saddle oxfords? The sixties had the dreadful long hair and tie dyed clothing. Along came the seventies with the disco clothing. In the eighties, Jordache jeans and Izod shirts were all the rage. I'm not really sure what the nineties style was. And here we are in 2009, and I think anything goes now. Alexis and Whitney would know more about style these days than Grandma knows. And Alia would also know. I think style is never more important than when you are a young lady and in middle school, high school, or college. Then there is that time when you have a job and must dress according to the company policy. We had to wear khakis and EDS shirts when I worked for EDS. Travel agents could wear casual business attire.

3 comments:

  1. As a woman matures, her sense of style sometimes becomes elusive. When children are young, there isn't a lot of time to think about it, but later on it is often hard to decide just what sort of things are comfortable, flattering and reflective of one's image. Because it is true--clothes not only make the man, they make the woman, too.
    I don't really have a style. Things call to me from the closet and I put them on. Often I dress for the outdoors. If I have to get dressed up for an occasion I feel a little as though I'm wearing a costume.
    I have a weakness for boots. Cowboy boots, winter boots, Wellies, they all hold a certain charm in my eyes.
    In the summer I usually wear Polo shirts. It is shocking how long I hold onto them, and a few of them are pretty scandalous, but I enjoy them anyway.
    Whatever I wear, it is expected to make me feel better in some way or another; warmer, funnier, snappier. It's all a game, really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now you have caught my attention on a day when I have about 2 minutes to look and read! Clothes. I hate them. The only thing I find comfortable are jeans and tee shirts/sweatshirts if weather requires, or walking shorts and tee shirts if it is warmer. I hate to shop for clothes and would rather have a root canal than to do it. As you can imagine, most of my clothes are nearly "vintage" and I really dislike it when somebody dies or gets married and I have to dress up! I have always had bad feet and have had trouble finding shoes that are even somewhat comfortable, let alone stylish. If I ever find some that are comfortable, I usually get a pair in every color. To even mention dresses or pantyhose is vulgarity to me, :-) and at my age, I have chosen not to wear them anymore unless absolutely mandatory! As I am still working full time, I am very fortunate because I can wear jeans and tees to work with tennys. And on days I work at home, I can,of course, wear whatever I please. Does that sound arragant or what!? Fortunately, I have a husband that is agreeable to all this, and enjoys his jeans and tees, too. I agree, what's best to wear is whatever makes you happy and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now you have caught my attention on a day when I have about 2 minutes to look and read! Clothes. I hate them. The only thing I find comfortable are jeans and tee shirts/sweatshirts if weather requires, or walking shorts and tee shirts if it is warmer. I hate to shop for clothes and would rather have a root canal than to do it. As you can imagine, most of my clothes are nearly "vintage" and I really dislike it when somebody dies or gets married and I have to dress up! I have always had bad feet and have had trouble finding shoes that are even somewhat comfortable, let alone stylish. If I ever find some that are comfortable, I usually get a pair in every color. To even mention dresses or pantyhose is vulgarity to me, :-) and at my age, I have chosen not to wear them anymore unless absolutely mandatory! As I am still working full time, I am very fortunate because I can wear jeans and tees to work with tennys. And on days I work at home, I can,of course, wear whatever I please. Does that sound arragant or what!? Fortunately, I have a husband that is agreeable to all this, and enjoys his jeans and tees, too. I agree, what's best to wear is whatever makes you happy and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete